The Chop House has been carefully converted from the farm corn shed where the animal feed was once chopped and mixed. It features original beams and pleasant views of the farmyard, duck pond and surrounding countryside.
It provides accommodation for up to six people and is is ideally placed for visiting the many attractions of the Derbyshire Dales and Peak District, The Potteries and The Staffordshire Moorlands. We are close to the stunning National Trust properties of Kedleston Hall, Sudbury Hall and Calke Abbey and within easy driving distance of Chatsworth House. Alton Towers is just 15 miles away along country lanes.
The Chop House has been awarded a rating of FOUR STARS by Visit England.
The Chop House has:
- 3 bedrooms. 2 twin and 1 double / twin
- Bathroom with bath/shower and toilet
- Separate toilet
- Fully equipped kitchen /dining room (including microwave oven, fridge freezer and washer dryer)
- Comfortable sitting room with colour television.
- Free WiFi
- Night storage heaters
- Cot and high chair
- Linen provided (towels at extra cost)
- Sheltered, well fenced garden with table and seats
- Ample off road parking next to the cottage
The Chop House is available for weekly lets and short breaks outside peak season. It is also available for longer lets of up to 2 months out of season.
Well behaved pets are accepted by arrangement at an additional cost. Please contact us to discus your requirements. Full details of pets must be given at the time of booking.